skewed life view

stokin' the flames of obsession, one dollar at a time

Thursday, December 22, 2005

afghanistanisia report

very quickly... i would like to show you my afghan. it is the bane of my current existance.

also very quickly, i would like to say my "reliable" (yes please see me diubg vicious air quotes" scooter, rosco, cut out on me today when i was on my way to a meeting for a story that i'm doing. i was in heels. i had to walk ten minutes down a very narrow major road with lots of bends. i was almost late.
then i had to wait half an hour for a stoopid cab. but i spent money today so all is good.

anyway. afghan:






this is how afghanistanisia began. as a square and a dream.












these are the *squares* of afghanistanisia... you see they are taking shape. fifty three freekin squares. i hate them now





ahh... the beauty that is the fruition of afghanistanisia... isn't it... fabulous? okay so i'm not finished the bloody thing yet but it's almost there. i need one more row of squares and then to do a decent border... i was thinking it should be scalloped, like the middle beige square? might give it a nice look... please bow to the wonderfulness that is afghanistanisia...

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I love your name for it!!!! Afghanistanisia is looking good - love the colors. And I think scallops would be good.

I am in awe of your crochet - I can't crochet to save my life. Really. I would be so dead so fast.

So did the Napster have fun knocking the piles of squares around?

1:00 PM  
Blogger citizen student said...

naps enjoys the hell out of lying around on the yarn and chewing on it. :| it's SO.GROSS. when he chews on it ya know???

he's also enjoying the hell out of covering it with fur... i hope the in-laws don't mind kitten fur...

heh

7:03 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Kitten fur - adds extra softness and that personal touch!

Here's a deadly site - the Daily Kitten. A new kitten picture is posted every day at 3:07 pm GMT. Some of them are just too cute... Beware!

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about Motivation to complete my work on the subject. Thanks for your thoughts!

8:51 AM  
Blogger citizen student said...

sigh, they are so innocent when they are that young...

"i just know when i look in their eyes they're about to jab me with something..."
- homie the clown on kids

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home