skewed life view

stokin' the flames of obsession, one dollar at a time

Friday, April 21, 2006

my day so far...

... to really understand my day so far, we have to work our way back a few hours to last night, when i attended my cousins wedding.

first of all, i couldn't find anything to wear, i felt too fat and not dresy enough. i opted for the tried and true brown gauchos, white shirt that's open in the front, green tank underneath and leaopardprint high heeled sandles. i felt completely underdressed.
my parents picked br and i up at about 5 15. we were due at the restaurant at 5 30. we also had to go through rush hour traffic.
we get there and take some pictures of my brother (best man) in his suit, and my cousin (groom) in his tux. they both looked handsome (pics next week).
the bride's side of the family is a little..."large"... and i was thrown off a bit but i guess she's like a diamond in the rough.
i cried a little during the wedding, which i didn't expect, but it was pretty beautiful.
anyway. we waited forever once they had finished the ceremony for them to get their pictures taken. tired and hungry, the drinking commenced. food came shortly after their arrival.
by about 8 30, 9 00, my dad was drunk. he doesn't get drunk and he wasn't sloppy or anything but his head was spinning and he wanted to go home. i felt bad for him because he was just really enjoying himself and got a little carried away. he was completely embarrassed. poor daddy.
we had to wait for the gombey's to dance (local dance troupe that dressup crazy- pictures forth coming)... and then my parents went home and my brother took br and i home, so he and his girlfriend could see where we live and meet the cat. (they like him cuz he's cute)
napoleon didn't want to cooperate and wuoldn't let me sleep- at about 5 this morning he decided to get into the cupboard above the fridge and fuck around with all the bottles of pills and alcohol that's up there. i couldn't reach him so i had to get br up to get him out and we locked him in the bathroom and he proceeded to whine and complain and throw himself against the door.
i don't know when i fell asleep but i know i slept through brian's alarm for the first time in my life.
he went to leave and i decided to sleep in until 8 (he gets up at 6 and leaves around quarter to, and i normally get up at about 10 past) but his fu*king bike decided to break so he had to take mind and i would have to go with his mom who leaves at 10 to 8 to take his sister to school. i got out of bed, showered and changed. then he texted me to say, "you can go back to sleep my mom will take you in for 9". i was pissed but of course i went back to sleep.
then he called. then his mom called and asked me if i wanted to go to the post office because a package arrived. i thoguht i was going to have to wait until monday so i got excited and jumped up and got my package and didn't have to pay duty and ripped it open in the car and it's my wonderful sweater that i can't wait to take home and try on and is just sitting on my desk begging for attention. that was the best part of my day.
then it all went down hill.
it's hot as hell outside and there's no air conditioning in the shoe box building that i work in, it's broken. there's only one door and loud fans. stoopid fucking air conditioning. i also got all dressed up today because there was supposed to be a prize giving tonight at my job but it was postponed and no one told me. so now i'm all dressed up with no where to go and i'm sweltering.
and brian has the bike so i can't go home and take the nap that i desperately need. and i haven't paid any bills.

but i have a REALLY great sweater and an awesome ring that my best friend made me in jewellery making class. i will take pictures when my battery is charged and post them. i have so many pictures to post.

i thought my day was going worse but i guess it's not that bad, except for i'm about to pass out on my keyboard.

5 Comments:

Blogger citizen student said...

i completely forgot to mention that i was trying to order my stuff from delias.com but because my postal code is only four digits it wouldn't accept it and i had to get my mom to call.

but that's not that bad.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Who gets married on a Thursday?

Just think, you look hotter today than everybody else! (no pun)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think you need baby locks for your cupboards!!

Hang in there, just a few more hours...

12:09 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE getting packages. It's one of my favorite things. I totally hear you on how that can make a shitty day completley better.

10:05 PM  
Blogger citizen student said...

maybe i SHOULD try to make some extra cash secret shopping.

on second thought... i don't care.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home