skewed life view

stokin' the flames of obsession, one dollar at a time

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

material whore

let it be known to the masses that i am a material whore. not girl, whore. i would probably sell my soul for stuff, even if it were indescript and gorey. i would. i would sell it.
so anyway... on the heels of my latest purchase (images forth coming) that apparently arrived on the island yesterday (*eeeeeee*)... i have decided to make a few new purchases.

as br thinks i spend too much money, i decided to run the idea past my mom:

me: do you feel like buying me shoes and a sweater?
mom: what for?
me: i dunno, just because...
mom: hahaha
me: it was worth a try...
mom: okay... i'll put some money in your account right now
me: *shocked inhilation of breath* really??
mom: really... just because

so. i am soon to be the proud owner of a new pair of
one of these...
and this...

skull fetish much? in the immortal words of tom tucker from channel five action news "only slightly... only slightly"...

i dunno what it is about the jolly roger but i am obsessed with it. and stars. yea...

12 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - Jolly Roger shoes! Excellent! Have you seen the We Call Them Pirates hat pattern? Big bag? Little bag? Mittens? Socks?

Ok, 6'9" is SCARY tall. I dated one guy who was more than 2" taller than me - he was 6'5" and it kinda freaked me out...

8:43 AM  
Blogger citizen student said...

i'm going to try my hand at the hat, both bags and the socks. not so sure about the mittens

i've never made socks before so they will be my first go...
i can the top part longer though right??? cuz i like LONG socks and i'll need them where i'm going

8:56 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You're very welcome!

Oh yeah, you can make socks as tall as you want. You might have do some shaping to fit your legs, depending on your calf to ankle ratio - I make shorter socks because I have big ol' muscley calves and much smaller ankles and I just don't wanna deal with the math. :)

Sounds like you need to buy cabinet locks, like they sell to keep toddlers out of cupboards!! That Napster, so smart.

9:07 AM  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i love the jolly roger too, but it's become the new black this season and i hate to be wearing what's on sale at every mall store.

so cute though. maybe i'll buy it, save it, and whip em out in three years when everyone's moved on to blue checks or something.

10:03 AM  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

the sweater arrive in bermuda yesterday afternoon! it should be your in a day or so!

woot!

10:20 AM  
Blogger citizen student said...

woot sweater!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED

I AM STUCK ON WRITING IN CAPITALS

11:32 AM  
Blogger citizen student said...

o... i'm not completely a fan of buying things that are *in right now*. but i like the roger. *heart*

i will wear him while he is fashionable and also while he is not so fashionable... sigh...

11:34 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That little bag is too cute!!

Is it in? I had no idea! Maybe I could knit one and finally be one of the in kids.

12:36 PM  
Blogger citizen student said...

you're in *because* you knit.

all the kewl people knit...

and crochet. because i do both and i'm cool.

self endorsement is also kewl.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I crochet too! Our blogs are self-endorsements, so we must be the coolest of all!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

So I was reading one of those supermarket trashy magazines that rip off People and add more rumors. There was a picture about Nicole Richie being anorexic, and tied to her balding scalp was a red hankerchief with jolly rogers all over them!

9:50 AM  
Blogger citizen student said...

that almost makes me like them less.

almost.

but i mean, she may as well support them if she looks like them right???

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home