skewed life view

stokin' the flames of obsession, one dollar at a time

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

disenchanted youth

ah in my disenchanted days... well... they aren't over yet... i was well known to myself for writing lame poetry on any lined surface... occasionally on plain surfances too... and then jamming that random piece of paper into a bag or pocket for safe keeping. mostly so other people couldn't read what i was writing.
recently i uncovered this little... *gem*... it's not as dark as most of my stuff... because you know, most of those issues inside come out only on paper because society doesn't think it's "acceptable" (please add the air quotes when doing that, and totally drippy sarcasm) to express ones self in more destructive means.

anyway. it's not titled, it's just there. and i don't even know if i got it from someone else or not... i'm a total plagarist bitch.

one day you asked me if it was worth the time but i was confused and afraid to make you mine.
i don't want to wait or let you go but i don't know
we could run away together forever and life could blossom from there
in a far away place where secrets live and camphor plays on midnight winds
exotic and fresh

where did this come from? i have no idea... it's probably about br but i can't be sure as it is not dated.
i'm particulary intruiged by the "and camphor plays on midnight winds/exotic and fresh" part... where the hell did i get that???? i didn't even know camphor was part of my working vocabulary!
but i guess kudos to me for almost using it in the right context... (because of it's strong... penetrating aromatic odor that is...)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, the dark lines of past poetry scribbled down...

10:32 AM  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

camphor smells VERY strong.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I love finding poetry I scribble when I'm drunk. Half the fun is trying to decipher my drunken script, the other is trying to figure out what the hell I meant!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home