skewed life view

stokin' the flames of obsession, one dollar at a time

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

personal struggle

in a last ditch effort to overcome my roller coaster weight problem (i'm 125... i'm 132... i'm 118... i'm 150) i've begun a weight loss diary in this snappy diary i just bought. on the first page i have stuck a picture of the me that i'm not happy with as a reminder of what i don't want to look like.
suffice it to say i'm suffering as i eat vanilla yogurt, blueberries and oatmeal.
homemade humus and carrot sticks.
celery.
okay i havent gone as far as celery yet. it burns my tongue. to be fair, so do carrot sticks.
sigh.
why do i care so much?
friday... i went out. i broke the zipper to my absolute most favourite pair of jeans in the history of my owning jeans... a pair of 179 dollar down from 200 dollar rock an republic's. they are a size 31. i had to ask br to assist in putting them on.
those of you who dont know me must realise that i have a black peoples ass.. the kind that people can rest their beers on at the bar. of course, people are not allowed to do this or else i would kill them.
but never the less. where do i gain weight? in the lower target region. so all of my clothes... yes. *all* of my clothes, no longer fit me without my looking like a stuffed sausage. this is why i have started a diary of self depreciation.
neway. thats it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Peevish said...

I hear you! I like having curves, but it's sooo possible to have too much of a good thing. I've been working out in an effort to help with this overabundance. The freaky thing is, I'm beginning to like going to the gym.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey, "me," I hear ya. More power to you - actually, to all of us!!

Peeve, are you feverish?!

3:29 PM  
Blogger citizen student said...

lol... GYM GYM GYM. it's finding the time to actually *go* to the gym that i have a problem with...

*sheepish giggle*

that's why i watch biggest loser every episode and bawl my eyes out... emotional damn show :D

7:17 AM  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i am so completly anti exercise so i know your pain.

the picture is nice though

11:08 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

It's true! You can get addicted to endorphins! I'm still way too curvy, but I like the fact there's now muscle under there as well. Although every time I go to the gym I end up with bruises from sheer clumsiness - honestly, I don't know who designed these machines, but it's impossible to get on or off them with your dignity intact!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I so can't drag myself to the gym. I end up buying some good basic stuff for home and do a lot better with that - usually. Until this winter. Hmph.

12:21 PM  
Blogger citizen student said...

i just ordered a "biggest loser" workout dvd from amazon.

i am a loser who jumped on the bandwagon.

don't diss.

thank you for the pic compliment

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home