skewed life view

stokin' the flames of obsession, one dollar at a time

Sunday, April 15, 2007

skinny jeans...

of all people on earth, i know skinny jeans aren't meant for everyone... and of all people, skinny jeans weren't constructed with myself in mind. i know this, yet still... still... i had th audacity to go out, try on a pair, and actually buy the suckers. how dare i!

the bonus on that... they cost me a cool $10. yes folks, that's it. ten. count that on your fingers.

back to the story at hand. i was loathe to follow the skinny pant trend, as so many people will fall head-over-heels into these fashion faux pauxs because they're popular at the time. a lot of people don't consider their body type when they buy things because they want to look like everyone else. i know i can't wear a pencil skirt because it makes my bottom half look like an upside down pear - not attractive. i know i can't pull off leggings and a "long" t-shirt because i.just.can't.

but there it is. i went out and tried them on and bought me a pair and you know what? maybe i'm not meant for skinny pants but these jeans actually looked kinda good on me. and at 10 bucks, how can you go wrong?
they look pretty good, eh? maybe they accentuate the hip area a little too much but i'm not that concerned. i wear a lot of longer shirts to offset the size of my ample booty as it is. and i skanked about all night in my favourite new leopard print shoes, those sexy bastards. at the end of the evening i was wishing i could cut my feet off at the ankles but pain is beauty my friends. pain = beauty.

if you think i am a bargain shopper, you are dead wrong aussi. these guy just kinda filled the void for my need for these:
(click for bigger)
citizens of humanity jeans at aritzia for $238. i adore these jeans... i made the mistake of trying them on while shopping as therapy. yes... i will be dropping some serious cash on these things cuz they're so fabulous and they make me look *great*.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

The $10 jeans do look good on you! Hee hee - I'm a Levis from the thrift store girl myself. :)

8:41 PM  
Blogger citizen student said...

there is nothing wrong with thrift store jeans... or thrift store anything for that matter. i, however, am the world's worst thrift store shopper. i can never find anything i like! i know so many people that go in and find great things... maybe that's cuz they spend three hours in there scouring every rack and shelf... i get bored after 10 minutes if i don't see something i like... what's wrong with me? let's call it shoppers adhd...

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - what a babe!!!! You look so cool in your skinny jeans. Wowooooooooo!!!!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I love the skinny jeans on you!!! Buy the jeans, you know how much I dropped on mine!

10:42 AM  
Blogger citizen student said...

ah jamie... i know i can count on you for the extra nudge... unfortch i didn't get them at the store cuz i can get them online for cheaper... and unfortch again i can't get them for a bit because i had to put my bike (read= supped up scooter) in for a service and repair and it set me back a cool 3 bills... i know. sick.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home