skewed life view

stokin' the flames of obsession, one dollar at a time

Monday, July 31, 2006

cup match time again

it's cup match time again, my lovlies (as evidence by the heading of this here post) and the smell of fried fish, hamburgers and crown & anchor lingering in the air is not far off. two days to watch a bunch of overweight gentleman chase a hard, red ball down the centre field, trying to knock over some "sticky wickets" and bowl out the other team.

two years ago i looked like this:
please pardon the pixilized look it's not my fault really... that's my best friend smelby (shelby) and my hair was long. see the people in the background? Cup Match is hugely popular here, people go all out.
buying the outfit is a major part of it and the paper is running tons of pre-Cup Match ads - red/blue for somerset (west end), light blue/dark blue for st. george's (east end)... east end all the way!
this was four months after my life altering accident (if you look close you can see one of my teeth is chipped right in the front. devestating) and i was about... 30 pounds lighter... also evidence by the fact that i can't wear those pants anymore. i still rock the hat though. (also please note that summer's staple beverage, the bacardi pineapple breezer. still a favourite)
last year i hung out at home with br (i think) and we had a pretty succesful party. i don't really like going to the game - it actually bores me to tears.
this summer, even if i wanted to go to the game i wouldn't be able to because i'm the patsy at my second job and i have to take all the shifts that no one else wants to work.
i'm off on the thursday but that's about it... we're going on the boat with my parents - no drinking there - on the thursday and then i'm working friday, saturday and sunday, and in the evening so it's not even like i can enjoy my time off. br's off the whole four days.
thinking about it now really aggrivates me. i'm getting incensed inside- like really pissed off because i'm tired of having to be the one to carry everyone else and not get compensated for it. but i don't really like making waves so i'll grin and bear it until i leave and relish in the fact that she'll be hard pressed to find another employee as good as me. it may sound self-centered but there aren't a lot of honest, hard-working people out there and unfortunately i've had to suffer through working with a lot of them. they know who they are.
at any rate. i wanted to go to the game again this year, if only to get felt up at the entrance, down a breezer and have an overcooked hambuger with some greasy goodness fries- the traditions of where you grew up. i love tradition and those few things that make your home just that, your home. i may not be proud to be a bermudian but there are a few things i don't ever want to let go, no matter how boring they are.

5 Comments:

Blogger citizen student said...

please ignore the double post... i don't know why but it did it on it's tempramental own and it won't let me get back into blogger because it's lying about my cookies.
bastard machine.

:D

11:13 AM  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i hate when people lie about my cookies.

you are so cute in that picture.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Indeed, very cute picture!

Ugh, I have had those times of working multiple jobs and never getting to do anything I wanted... You will get past it! Yay for school - it made all the difference in the world.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

You have a second job?! When did this happen?

I do agree about the pic :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger citizen student said...

i've been lagging around at my second job since the beginning of summer...
I HATE PART TIME JOBS.

but i like extra money :D

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home