skewed life view

stokin' the flames of obsession, one dollar at a time

Thursday, June 15, 2006

waiter

the stuff this guy writes is deep... it hits me right in the centre of my chest and radiates throughout me for the rest of the day.

but i read this
particular post and cried a little, because that's how i feel.

shouldn't we, as a developing race, be looking after those creatures that can't look after themselves in our increasingly modern and technological world? we may have the ability to fight the common cold etc... but as we advance, we, as a species, grow weaker and weaker. how many of us can truly say that we can live and survive in the cold outdoors, in nature, physically fending for ourselves and our families?
well, that's what those creatures do everyday, they live the same way the did fifty, one hundred, two thousand years ago.
and as we advance, we forget that they stay the same, and that where we may be better because of it, they suffer.
chicken's, squirrels, toads trying to cross the road getting run over by cars- all they want is to get to shelter and vegetation. all we want is to be where we need to be faster.
my heart bleeds for every animal suffering at the hand of man- rats, mice, birds, cats, dogs, fish, the list is endless.
it's depressing what we're doing. they have no control over their *lives*... it's cruel. people are so mindless of their surroundings, so consumed in me, me, me, here and now. i want! give it! i don't care what the consequences are, or how it will affect anyone or anything else.
i don't know. maybe i'm too sensitive.
but shouldn't every animal have a voice and not just the chosen few?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Good points- I never thought of that before. But then again, I'm a natural animal lover.

Except cockroaches, but they're not animals.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I totally agree with you - but there's the whole bible crowd, with that crap about god giving humans dominion over everything. Blech.

Here's a great song about all the crap humans do - scroll down and download "6 Days to Madness."

7:15 PM  
Blogger citizen student said...

i second jamie on the cockroaches thing...

*ickle*... blah.... br's mom was telling me a story about how the other night she had just turned the light off and gotten into bed when all of a sudden something just hit her in the chest and she screamed and jumped out of bed and was screaming at his dad to get rid of it...
it feels like it's crawling all over my own damn chest... *gross*

they fly here. i *hate* them.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Omigod- they fly?!?!

That is pretty horrifying. That would give me nightmares that they're flying AT me. Blech...

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home