skewed life view

stokin' the flames of obsession, one dollar at a time

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

please forgive the shameless self plugging...

recently (well, seven or so months to be exact... boo yah! second longest job i've held in my life *does cabbage patch* go me... it's my birthday... gonna party like it's my birthday) i switched jobs again for the umpteenth time- i've really done it all it feels...

so many people ask me the question... "do you still like your job?"

and i always *eagerly* reply... "i love my job" what i don't add is "i am in love with my job because it is so fantastically amazingly fabulous... it's the best freakin job on earth man BEST can't believe how great this job is be jealous of me for how great my job is and because i.have.it.and.you.don't."

because if i said all of that then they would inevitably say... "well what is it that you do all day at work that would make me so insanely jealous of you because you.have.it.and.i.don't?"

and i will tell you what it is that i do at my job that makes you wish you had it... but you dont... in list form:

a) nothing. i don't do anything at work... this is a lie but at least for the most part i really don't do anything. it can be stressful...

2) i spend most of my time reading blogs, poking with my blog, or reading random things on the internet... this can't be helped... when you are fundamentally not doing anything at work you have to be doing something to look busy to the powers that be who are *watching* you... yes they are watching you.right.now!

c) wait for lunch. i do the above just so i can kill time before i go to lunch with br. we had sushi yesterday. it was scrumdelicious

iv) wish i were home working on some project or getting eaten alive by my kitty. he enjoys gnawing on me every so often when he tires of whatever else he has ripped apart.

5) gossip. where i live, gossip is second nature for everyone- man and woman kind alike. men are actually even worse then women sometimes. *shame* on you men... *for shame* but as it is in my blood to talk about other people, so it comes naturally that i fit in well with my poignant observations of others and their foibles ("what? you said she just met him last week and already she's trying to spend the night?" "omg... does she ever where anything other than sweats and sneakers to work?" "you mean every day at the same time she goes in there with the paper?" and so on but usually more detailed)

no for reals tho? i like this job because it allows me to express my creativity in a forum that is open to the creativeness that i can offer it and i get paid for doing something i'm good at but didn't even need to go to school and get a degree for... so there! education proponents (no really education is kool. stay in skool kids!)

do i have a picture that i wish to share today? i like sharing pictures. i like taking pictures... on a side note, i am having my picture taken today for all the locals to see and marvel at how such an *awesomely* beautiful gurl could write such *awesome* stuff and make them actually want to do whatever i suggest more because of how beautiful i am (okay okay... vanity occasionally takes control of my fingers and says what it wants... usually when my brain is paying attention to the loud reporter discussing alcohol over there... shut up you!)

so here is a picture of my watch...

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Damn, I can't read the tiny annotations on your picture. :(

Your story of your work day reminded me of a very funny song by the Auto Body Experience called A Cave Beneath My Cube. You can hear a snippet from the song at CDBaby.

9:06 AM  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

what are you 'supposed' to be doing at work?

9:27 AM  
Blogger citizen student said...

i'm "supposed" to be writting, but we're at the end of... i guess you'd call it the supplement season...

i'm not a reporter so what i do isn't in the paper every day...

so i just sit around and do "research" and try to develop ideas for january... sigh... sometimes it's boring when i have nothing to do but they won't let me leave...:(

you can't click and make the picture bigger? that's annoying... maybe i'll try to fix it

10:32 AM  
Blogger citizen student said...

i tried to fix the picture but blogger is being petulant again and it won't let me... sorry...

what i'm saying in clockwise order from top left (for those who just have to know) abridged:
kewl swarovski crystals that drew me to watch- i like shiney things a lot. and sparkley

genuine leather band

actual scratch from napoleon- one of many littering my arms and legs

and i think that's it.. except for the fact that the picture time and the actualpost time were different and i noted it... :D

i'm a loser...

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

things I am jealous of:

- your regularly paying job
- the fact that you can slack off at your job
- the fact that you have a kitten
- the fact that you have a digital camera
- the fact that you got to spend the night at the princess

The only source of comfort I have is that in 8 days I will be completely done university forever and ever!

~hels~

2:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

The Napster's catster page is great! Sniff. I miss Chaos's kittenhood - he's just as much trouble now, but back then - he was cute and fluffy and little, instead of the behemoth lug he is now. I love him even if he's not little anymore, but he sure is hard to carry now.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

The Napster's catster page is great! Sniff. I miss Chaos's kittenhood - he's just as much trouble now, but back then - he was cute and fluffy and little, instead of the behemoth lug he is now. I love him even if he's not little anymore, but he sure is hard to carry now.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home