skewed life view

stokin' the flames of obsession, one dollar at a time

Monday, November 28, 2005

blast from the past


recently, i took a time traveling trip aboard this time traveling machine that i developed in my bedroom a few years back*

*i can't tell you what i used to make the machine because if i do then you will know and i'm trying to keep a secret, at least until i can sell the patent *pending* to some evil mad scientist who is bent on taking over the world by traveling back in time and taking control of all the companies that produce toilet tissue, therefore gaining control of the human bowl functions world wide... or something like that... the eviler the better of course

anyway... i came upon this scene from my past, when i was so innocent and cute and adorable and my hair was long and down to my belly button when it was braided and my dad used to stand behind me and take the ends of the pony tails in his hand and pretend he was giddying up... they were half the length of my body people.

this is a scene from when i graduated pre-school (my parents once left me on the steps of the building after school... my mom looked at my dad when he got home and said... are you forgeting something? and he said no... oh my (censord)!... i've been traumatised ever since... scared to death of being left... i didn't know why until they told me that a few years ago... bastards)

that's my dad on the left, cute little me in the centre, and my late nana somner. she wasn't my real nana, as in flesh and blood nana, she's actually my dad's brother-in-law's aunt but she used to look after children while their parents were working. she pretty much raised my brother and i between the ages of like a year and 4. she was a beautiful person who gave me my first taste of tea and made homemade lemonade with real lemons. her food was always delicious and her house always smelled good.
she used to do my hair, when i was even smaller than this, in little pigtail curls that she would slick down with vaseline.

you know, you always miss the great people in your life. in the end of hers, she had alzheimers and couldn't remember me. it was very upseting. her funeral brought people together. people that i had grown up with, cousins that i forgot about because i rarely saw them, friends, and others that she'd care for and watched grow into adults.
she's been gone for awhile now. i don't forget her, i don't know if i can... sigh. i've seen one too many people pass in my short time on this earth.

but i guess i should learn from the goodness in their examples shouldn't i?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home