skewed life view

stokin' the flames of obsession, one dollar at a time

Saturday, October 21, 2006

bonjour, montreal!

so i'm finally getting around to posting about my montreal trip, which was - despite being cut slightly tainted by the cat-capades of napoleon - quite nice.
i got to spend some much needed catching up time with my cousin sabs ...

we wandered around down a street in the city and found this cool little boutique with funky shades, belt buckles and those shirts that you can customize with one of their many iron on decals.
we tried on some crazy shades and i got some pics... check those retro frames - you know you want some.




br got a sexy pair of aviators... i'm a sucker for a mirrored lens folks, call me crazy but something about the whole backwater sherif look gets me all hot and bothered... or maybe it's just my man... ;) i do know how to pic them... if i do say so myself. and i do. cuz i just did.

anyway. we didn't get to explore as much as i would have liked, although even without seeing the entire city i pretty much fell in love with it. something about the old era feel juxtaposed with the technology of today... the colours just popped for me.

then we got to visit my family... (who might also have something to do with my love affair with the city... cuz they're so close)...

this is my nana (hey nana! holla!)... i guess you'd call her the matriarch of the leblanc family (for those just tuning in... that means "the white" in french... please hold questions and comments til the end). we got there on moving day - she's staying in an old folks home and they're changing the floors or something. fascinating.

those places make me uncomfortable... i hope i don't end up in one... lotta old folks sorta just sitting around and waiting for someone to push them down the hallway or staring blankly at a tv screen hoping your pills will come soon... *shudder*... to the people that work there? more power to ya...

alright... alright... blogger's being pre-menopausal so i'm freakin going to leave it here and finish this post again soon...

- to be continued...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy part of that trip, even with Napoleon's antics!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Another benefit of having your man in mirrored glasses: it's easier to check yourself out in them :)

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home